Friday, May 20, 2011

My Favorite

It seems each season I have one or two things that I just adore. Some times they are new things, other times they can be something I've pulled out of what I call "the archives".   For spring and summer, I am mad for 2 sets of necklaces.  One of them is a statement piece that belonged to my grandmother.  It is a sterling silver squash blossom with turquiose. It is similar to the one Tory Burch wore for the T&C cover for September 2010 and the picture below.


 I think it looks the best with a summer weight crewneck sweater or t shirt- long sleeve or short- and a silk scarf.  I think chiffon is best, because the juxtaposition of the delicate scarf paired with the strength of the necklace make it work so perfectly. I love it with pastel colors!

I think it would also be great with a maxi dress (and tanned body) for a sort of bohemian  "rich-hippee" look. Finish this with wedges and bracelets snaked up the arm...with hair done up.  I didn't think I was a maxi dress kind of gal, but I may have just sold myself one. Either way, you can be sure I'll be wearing my necklace alot in the weeks and months to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment