Thursday, May 12, 2011

Simone

Everyone is abuzz about the Marc Jacob's Simone dress.  It is sold out everywhere.  Michelle Obama helped spike sales to be sure.  She has this dress and looks fantastic in it.  Of course this dress came out with the spring collections and it is now May. Nevertheless, some stores have received additional shipments of the dress to supply the demand. Women have been dying to get their hands on the $628.00 piece of the season.  I think it is beautiful, but I think I'll pass on this one.
I am normally a big proponent of designer duds.  I supplement my wardrobe with them as often as I am able. The Simone has been knocked off and I don't have a problem at all with that.  There are many variations that are almost as great. I would buy one of those for a fraction of the cost. Spending that amount of money on something that will be over in the blink of an eye is not smart, in my opinion.  It may be too early to tell, but this is not paralleled to the famed white Halston jumpsuit of the 70's...trendy but very memorable.  Although trendy, a statement piece worth the investment.

 I will take that money and apply it to something with some staying power...and I'll be proud of my decision, in this instance, to wear a knockoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment